ONLINE Comprehensive Pilates
Comprehensive Pilates Mat Teaching Certificate.
join up until 10th April 2021!
Live Zoom classes: 27th & 28th March, 10th & 24th April, 8th May at 11am (Ireland/UK)
Module 3 and Teaching Skills Tutorial: dates TBC
Exam: 23rd May 2021
Beginners to Advanced, plus Small Equipment
This course will guide students with no previous health or fitness qualifications through the entire Contemporary Pilates Mat repertoire.
In this course students will learn to teach, progress and adapt Pilates Mat exercises for all levels of the general public - from complete beginners to advanced athletes.
ITEC Anatomy: Online at your leisure.
Although students may complete this course at their own pace, before we can offer certification in Comprehensive Pilates, this A&P course must be completed and examination results returned to us.
We recommend that students familiarise themselves with the Musculoskeletal System Module before commencing the rest of the Comprehensive Pilates Course.
Comprehensive Pilates Mat Modules 1-3: Will be online via pre-recorded video tutorials, a written manual, interactive course work and Zoom classes.
Zoom classes for Modules 1-3: see dates above (a link to the session recording will be available if students are unable to attend the session live)
Teaching Skills Tutorial Zoom: 1.5 hours via Zoom
One to one 1hr Tutorial Zoom: times TBC
Although we do not require proficiency, we do need familiarity with Pilates Mat exercises. Therefore prior attendance of around 20 classes is required before participation.
20 observation/supervised teaching hours are also required for certification. These classes can be taken with a teacher or teachers of the students' choice after course commencement.
The Written examination, plus Practical Demonstrations, will be conducted via Zoom.
Each student will film themselves teaching an exercise from the Pilates repertoire.
This qualification is endorsed by IICT International Institute for Complementary Therapists, and currently allows successful candidates to teach in 25 countries worldwide.
**Please note: The ITEC Anatomy and Physiology is a separate course and separate awarding body. Examination fees for this module are not included**
Pilates history, philosophy and principals
Pilates mat exercises level I&II including modifications and progressions
Teaching skills, cuing, safety & effective communication
Postural analysis and its impact on Pilates students
The business, hospitality and ethics of Pilates.
Anatomy and Physiology Course Online Level 3 ITEC
We recommend you allow 60+ hours to complete this anatomy and physiology course.
There are 17 hours of film, plus interactive games, quizzes and exercises to enhance your learning and recall of information.
E-learning has been shown to be 70% more effective than classroom based options and on our online level 3 ITEC Anatomy and Physiology courses we have a 95% exam pass rate
Examinations can be taken for ITEC level 3 qualifications in centres around the UK, Ireland, Spain and Asia (a fee will be payable to your chosen centre for this exam).
You will benefit from the following:
- You can pause, stop and rewind the film as you need
- You can study from anywhere in the world on pc, mac, tablet or smart phone, eliminating costly travel to a class
- You can re-watch each lesson as frequently as you want and use for revision
- There are assessments to ensure you have assimilated all the information, a downloadable workbook, worksheets, quizzes and supplementary information handouts
- You will benefit from the highest level of teaching for less than you would pay for a live classroom
- There are a variety of teaching methods to make learning easier and fun
- Email support from tutors is provided
- You will be taught by Chartered Physiotherapist Jane Johnson and leading A&P teacher
- You will have access 24/7 for one year, to learn at times to fit in with your lifestyle and at your own pace (this can be extended for 1-12 months)
- Exams are booked and paid for separately when you are ready to take them
- Optional mock exams prepare you and there is the reassurance that our success rate is 95%